Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by "Richardson, Jason - FSA, Kansas City, MO" <ja...@kcc.usda.gov> on 2011/12/08 20:42:16 UTC

Isis - Eclipse 3.7 using m2e issue.

I am having issues with Isis and Eclipse 3.7. I am using the m2e maven plugin in eclipse.
The following error shows up in the Marker view in Eclipse.
Any ideas on how I can get around this issue?  I'm fairly new to maven and isis.

Execution default-resources of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources failed: Unable to load the mojo 'resources' in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3'. A required class is missing: org/apache/maven/shared/filtering/MavenFilteringException
realm =    plugin>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3
strategy = org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy
urls[0] = file:/C:/softwaredistribution/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/2.4.3/maven-resources-plugin-2.4.3.jar
urls[1] = file:/C:/softwaredistribution/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/plexus-utils-1.1.jar
Number of foreign imports: 1
import: Entry[import  from realm ClassRealm[maven.api, parent: null]]

(org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources:default-resources:process-resources)      pom.xml                /isisnps-dom      line 19   Maven Build Problem

****** ISIS POM excerpt below.

                <!-- IDE support for Eclipse. (NetBeans 6.7+ and IDEA 7.0
                    have built-in support for Maven) Alternatively, use m2eclipse and import
                    POMs directly. -->
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.5.1</version> <!-- version 2.7 & 2.8 presently have a bug that prevents multiple-resources;
                        while 2.6 fails to use projectNameTemplate properly from being filtered -->
                    <configuration>
                        <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
                        <downloadJavadocs>true</downloadJavadocs>
                        <projectNameTemplate>[groupId].[artifactId]</projectNameTemplate>
                    </configuration>
                    <!-- use mvn eclipse:eclipse (no goals bound to phases) -->
                </plugin>

                <!-- Copies project resources to the output directory -->
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.4.3</version>
                    <!-- goal:resources binds to phase:process-resources -->
                    <!-- goal:testResources binds to phase:process-test-resources -->
                </plugin>

Jason Richardson
National Payments Service (NPS) Technical Lead
USDA/FSA/AFAO/SCADG
(Administrative and Financial Applications Office)
(Service Center Accounting & Debt Group)

Re: Isis - Eclipse 3.7 using m2e issue.

Posted by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
No-one seems to have any suggestions?

I'll offer: Don't know what the problem is, but it looks like an incomplete
Eclipse/Maven installation.

Dan, anything fancy regarding setting up Eclipse 3.7?

Nothing specific is mentioned in the Isis developers guide, apart from
recommending 3.7 with built-in maven support.

> Unable to load the mojo 'resources' in the plugin
> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3'. A required
> class is missing:
> org/apache/maven/shared/filtering/MavenFilteringException

I'm using Eclipse 3.6, and have not had any grief at all.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Jason,
I have to say this looks strictly like an M2E issue, not an Isis one.

Things I suggest you try:

* see if the project builds outside of Eclipse from the command line (mvn
clean install -o).

  - If that doesn't work, it's definitely a Maven issue.  You could zap
your local repo (~/.m2/repository/*); perhaps also reinstall Maven.

  - if that does build, then in Eclipse you could:

* highlight all the projects in Eclipse, and:
-  in Package Explorer use [right context menu] > Maven > Update
Dependencies
-  then > Maven > Upate Projects.
- then Project > Clean and then Project > Build All

If that doesn't fix things, try creating a new workspace (File > Switch
Workspace) and re-import your projects from the root pom.

If that doesn't fix things, then I'd try a fresh install of Eclipse.

~~~
Another thing could you see if you are able to use M2E with the
bog-standard quickstart archetype [1], just to see what happens

HTH
Dan

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-bundles/maven-archetype-quickstart/