Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Evan Gilbert <ui...@google.com> on 2008/09/24 00:21:25 UTC

Simpler HandlerProvider base class

I'm working on a patch to HandlerProvider base class that:
-.Doesn't require creating instances of PersonHandler, ActivityHandler and
AppDataHandler - instead it just references the classes directly, and
- Has a base class that doesn't require installing the default handlers

This supports
- Using RequestScoped versions of Handlers as you don't have to create an
instance of the objects at startup (when there isn't a request scope) and
- More easy additions or changes to supported HandlerProviders

I'm emailing because I wanted to get feedback, and also this may require
small client code changes after I submit:
- If you don't use SocialApiGuiceModule, you need to call
bind(HandlerProvider.class).toInstance(HandlerProvider.defaultHandlers()) in
your Guice module
- If you extend HandlerProvider, you need to call super(true) and then
addHandler() to add new handlers (see change in
SampleContainerProviderHandler.java)

http://codereview.appspot.com/5701

I'll probably submit tomorrow if there aren't any concerns.

Evan

Re: Simpler HandlerProvider base class

Posted by Evan Gilbert <ui...@google.com>.
Change committed.

If you see errors with HandlerProvider after the next sync, follow these
steps: