Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/20 16:53:18 UTC

Eclipse-aware config store questions

Dain/David,

I'm about to start on this and could use a little help getting
started.  When I first discussed this with David, the idea was that
initially the application would be deployed to the primary
configuration store, and any changes to the application thereafter
would delegate over to the Eclipse aware config store to resolve
classes and a "configuration restart" would be all that is required.
Is this still the case?  If so what is the proper way to tweak the
configuration to use a different config store? Or is this completely
wrong and should I be able to deploy directly to the eclipse-aware
config store? If so can I now do this via JSR-88? I know last time
Aaron mentioned there were some missing pieces to fully support
multiple targets.

Also I assume this config store needs to be hooked into the server.
Can this be done programatically without requiring a plan?

Please let me know if I'm completely off base here. :)

Ideally I'd like to have the following structure...

/eclipse-user-workspace/WebProject/...
/eclipse-user-workspace/EarProject/...
/eclipse-user-workspace/.metadata/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/server1/
repository/...
/eclipse-user-workspace/.metadata/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/server2/
repository/...

This way the server instance can be preserved and anything deployed
within a development environment in this "developer-mode" is
contained with a users workspace.  If the server is shared between
users, user A and user B won't see each others applications by
default and they would have to explicitly state that they want the
app pushed out onto the server. (i.e turn off developer mode).  This
helps the "team scenario" where multiple users are working on the
same application and deploying to the same server, their deploys
won't keep overriding each other.

thx in advance

- sachin