Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Short <be...@nexusalpha.com> on 2006/05/10 17:49:31 UTC

M2 Dependencies

Hi,

Is there a goal I can use to just download dependencies without cleaning or
compiling my maven project?

Ben

Re: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@inamo.no>.
Ben Short wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> I have searched the net for a Maven 2 plugin for Idea, but could only find a
> Maven 1 plugin. So I have embarked on writing my own.
>
> But I will do as you suggest and ask this group if anyone knows of anything.
> Probably something I should of done before starting.

There has always been a IDEA plugin for Maven 2, just write

  $ mvn idea:idea

in the root of the project and it will download all the depdendencies
and generate the project files for all your Maven projects.

--
Trygve

RE: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

RE: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Ben Short <be...@nexusalpha.com>.

Re: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

RE: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Ben Short <be...@nexusalpha.com>.
Hi,

Re: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
That's "with no source code".

Re: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

RE: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Ben Short <be...@nexusalpha.com>.
Hi,

I want to add a dependency to my pom then make maven download it so I can
reference it in my ide.

Ben

Re: M2 Dependencies

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: M2 Dependencies

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@inamo.no>.
Ben Short wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a goal I can use to just download dependencies without cleaning or
> compiling my maven project?

Generaly the IDE plugins will do this, so just go "mvn idea:idea" or
"mvn eclipse:eclipse" to download your dependencies.

The Maven Eclipse plugin will even also automatically download the
dependencies everytime you edit and save the pom.xml file.

--
Trygve