Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cyril Godefroy <cy...@ecomposite.fr> on 2005/01/12 21:23:36 UTC

Easily managing requests from tapestry agnostic services

That must be  a FAQ but I cannot find the answer... Please bear with me.

I have the issue where an external service can be configured as far as
giving the url to trigger, but I cannot change the POST parameters to
conform to the External service.
For example the request would be directed to
http://www.ecomposite.fr/admin/app or
http://www.ecomposite.fr/admin/app?service=external&page=return with
POST parameters such as:
tx=ERTYFF3456CCRRTGV
amount=5.87
id=cyril@ecomposite.fr

etc etc

How can I do this? Do I have to override some engine methods? Can I use
another way?

Re: Easily managing requests from tapestry agnostic services

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 12, 2005, at 3:23 PM, Cyril Godefroy wrote:

> That must be  a FAQ but I cannot find the answer... Please bear with
> me.
>
> I have the issue where an external service can be configured as far as
> giving the url to trigger, but I cannot change the POST parameters to
> conform to the External service.
> For example the request would be directed to
> http://www.ecomposite.fr/admin/app or
> http://www.ecomposite.fr/admin/app?service=external&page=return with
> POST parameters such as:
> tx=ERTYFF3456CCRRTGV
> amount=5.87
> id=cyril@ecomposite.fr
>
> etc etc
>
> How can I do this? Do I have to override some engine methods? Can I
> use another way?

In your activateExternalPage, treat it like a mini-servlet.  Simply
extract the parameters from the HttpServletRequest (gotten from the
cycle parameter) and go to town.

	Erik