Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ekoje ekoje <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/28 13:04:00 UTC

Mgnt Error message

HI Guys,

I tried to manage some custom error messages using ActionMessage and
ActionError. I set the text message in the Action and redirect to the ERROR
result but I don't have any text displayed in the JSP when I use
actionmessage tag and actionerror tag.

Did i miss something ? any configuration ?

Please find my code,

Action:

import org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ServletRequestAware;

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;

public class TestAction extends ActionSupport implements ServletRequestAware
{

    private static final long serialVersionUID = -7505437345373234225L;

    private HttpServletRequest request;

    public String execute(){
        addActionMessage("TESSSSSSSS");
        addActionError("SECONDDDDDDDDDDD");
        return ERROR;
    }

    public void setServletRequest(HttpServletRequest httpServletRequest) {
        this.request = httpServletRequest;
    }
}

JSP COde:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head>
</head>
<title>Insert title here</title>
</head>
    <h3>Error Message</h3>

    <s:actionerror />

    <h3>Error Message</h3>
    <s:fielderror />

    <h3>Error Message</h3>
    <s:actionmessage />

I will apreciate any help.

Thanks,

Re: Mgnt Error message

Posted by Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I dont see

in your jsp page, this may be the problem.

Thanks,

Nuwan.