Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> on 2014/10/03 01:05:20 UTC

Re: Creation of branch 0.14

Hi,

I noticed that trunk still says 0.14. When we branch we need to update the
version in trunk.

https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/pom.xml#L24

Brock

Re: Creation of branch 0.14

Posted by Vikram Dixit K <vi...@gmail.com>.
I created HIVE-8381 for the same.

Thanks
Vikram.

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> vikram, can you please update the version number in trunk?
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that trunk still says 0.14. When we branch we need to update the
>> version in trunk.
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/pom.xml#L24
>>
>> Brock
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Vikram Dixit <vi...@hortonworks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> In order to reduce the number of steps required and also have some sort of
>>> control on the commit process, I am proposing the following:
>>>
>>> 1. I am going to monitor all issues marked as blockers on a nightly basis.
>>> The list on the wiki is going to go away once I triage it for things like
>>> exceptions, failures etc. and feature requests that were already accepted.
>>>
>>> 2. If a developer feels that an issue marked as blocker is not really one,
>>> we can chat on the jira. Alternatively, please set the priority to blocker
>>> if you want a jira to be fixed in 0.14 so that I can check on it and
>>> decide
>>> the priority. If I think it is not a blocker, I will lower the priority
>>> after discussing on the jira.
>>>
>>> 3. Jira is going to be a single source of truth.
>>>
>>> 4. Once the blocker list goes to 0, I am going to create an RC.
>>>
>>> 5. Patches for blocker jiras are going to need to be double committed to
>>> both trunk and 0.14 by the one committing the jira.
>>>
>>> I hope this will stream line this process without adding overhead of email
>>> etc. I think this is the easier than having new tags or overloading other
>>> fields in the jira.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Vikram.

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+0.14+release+status

>>> the

>>> --
>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>>> that
>>> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
>>> immediately

Nothing better than when appreciated for hard work.
-Mark

Re: Creation of branch 0.14

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.