Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/05 18:22:19 UTC

weblogic issue in storing session help !! - not happening in jetty

Hi,
  -Dorg.apache.tapestry.disable-caching=true is
creating problems in weblogic. "But works without
problem in jetty".
When running weblogic with this flag, nothing seems to
get stored in session.

Also was always getting stale session problem as soon
as I login to application if I set
CookieMaxAgeSecs=600

web.xml is same as in jetty. This is currently used
weblogic.xml(not used in jetty):

<weblogic-web-app>
  <session-descriptor>
    <session-param>
      <param-name>URLRewritingEnabled</param-name>
      <param-value>false</param-value>
    </session-param>
    <session-param>
      <param-name>PersistentStoreType</param-name>

<param-value>replicated_if_clustered</param-value>
    </session-param>
  </session-descriptor>
</weblogic-web-app>

Thanks,
Hari.

Re: initial-value attribute in property-specification -- help

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Hi Hari.

I don't know the answers to all these questions - so I'd be
interested in answers from others who do use initial-value.
It seems to be used for resetting page properties when the
page is _returned_ to the pool.

My advice would be "don't use it". Initialise your page
properties etc in pageBeginRender() as the FAQ suggests.

Cheers,
Nick.

Posted by jys <jy...@fr.st>.
I think initial-value can be set with any valid ognl expression like :

new java.util.HashSet()

for example