Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Jonathan Carlson <jo...@code42.com> on 2011/09/16 20:49:18 UTC

@CreateDS

I'm probably not as familiar with the differences between these as I should be but I can't seem to find it in the documentation.

What is the difference between

@CreateDS(name = "SampleDS", allowAnonAccess = true)

and

@CreateLdapServer(
allowAnonymousAccess = true,
transports = { @CreateTransport(protocol = "LDAP") })

Thanks!

- Jon

jon carlson   |  codefortytwo software
1 Main St SE, #400     |   Minneapolis, MN 55414
Office: 612.333.4242  |   web: www.code42.com<http://www.code42.com/>

Re: @CreateDS

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Jonathan Carlson <jo...@code42.com> wrote:
> I'm probably not as familiar with the differences between these as I should be but I can't seem to find it in the documentation.
>
> What is the difference between
>

> @CreateDS(name = "SampleDS", allowAnonAccess = true)
>
> and
>
> @CreateLdapServer(
> allowAnonymousAccess = true,
> transports = { @CreateTransport(protocol = "LDAP") })

@CreateDS only creates and start the "core" server. There is no
network layer started. You only have access to the DirectoryService
but there is also an JNDI DirContext implementation available.

@CreateLdapServer starts the "core" server and also the LDAP network protocol.

If you want to write integration tests for your custom code and you
use e.g. JNDI than you should use the latter because it is closer to
your real environment and communicates over the the wire.

Kind Regards,
Stefan