Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by es70 <es...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/07 14:10:37 UTC

a node fails and restarts in a cluster

I have a cluster of 2 ignite (version 2.6) nodes with enabled persistence (at
the time of writing running on my windows machine for test puposes) and
third  node (not in the cluster) which I use to run my app in the thick
client mode. The app creates a cache (CacheMode.REPLICATED,
CacheAtomicityMode.TRANSACTIONAL, CacheWriteSynchronizationMode.FULL_SYNC)
to store messages being exchanged between the integrated systems.

I start the messages exchange and brings down one of the nodes in the
cluster (the app shows some execptions but continue working).

I have two scenarios for the downed node to get it back on line
1. I start the downed node immediatelly after downing it.
2. I start the downed node some time (half an hour or so) after downing it.

in the case #1 the node gets back to the cluster and starts working
in the case #2 the node refuses to get back to the cluster and I have to
restart the other node to get the cluster to the active state again. Besides
I cannot connect to the cluster (with one node left) with my app and
ignitevisorcmd.bat before the restart all the nodes

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.clientTopology(GridCachePartitionExchangeManager.java:783)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.updatePartitionSingleMap(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:3204)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.processSingleMessage(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:2186)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.access$100(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:127)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture$2.apply(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:2061)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture$2.apply(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:2049)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.future.GridFutureAdapter.notifyListener(GridFutureAdapter.java:383)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.future.GridFutureAdapter.listen(GridFutureAdapter.java:353)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.onReceiveSingleMessage(GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture.java:2049)

apache-ignite-2.6.0>bin/control --baseline
Control utility [ver. 2.6.0#20180710-sha1:669feacc]
2018 Copyright(C) Apache Software Foundation
User: xxxx
Connection to cluster failed.
Error: Latest topology update failed.

Regards