Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/04/02 23:54:16 UTC

New jira fields

Hi all,
    For Hadoop core, I just added 3 new fields in jira. The first are
flags, for when a jira's patch has been +1'ed and the second is for
when it introduces an incompatible change. The other is the release
note field. If you have a new feature or incompatible change, the
patch developer should fill in the information for the user with
respect to the change.

Thanks,
    Owen

PS. If HBase wants the fields too, let me know...

Re: New jira fields

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
For these new fields, here are the relevant changes that I made to

If your patch creates an incompatibility with the latest major
release, then you must set the Incompatible change flag on the
issue's Jira 'and' fill in the Release Note field with an explanation
of the impact of the incompatibility and the necessary steps users
must take.

If your patch implements a major feature or improvement, then you
must fill in the Release Note field on the issue's Jira with an
explanation of the feature that will be comprehensible by the end user.

Here are the relevant changes that I made to http://wiki.apache.org/
hadoop/CodeReviewChecklist

Once the review is complete (which means all suggestions from
previous reviews have been satisfactorily incorporated and you
believe the patch is ready to commit) then please set the Reviewed
flag on the issue's Jira.

Cheers,
Nige

Re: New jira fields