Posted to user@struts.apache.org by av...@za.safmarine.com on 2002/07/26 07:56:58 UTC

Another WebSphere version question

Hi all

My platform is Windows 2000, WebSphere 3.5.4 and Struts 1.1 b 1.  I have had no
luck so far in getting this to work although I know the actual web application
works fine in WebSphere 4.0

I have followed previous postings advice on setting up Struts on WebSphere,
including the dtd PUBLIC and SYSTEM changes and where to put the
struts-config.xml file, etc. (It seems that most of the instructions are for
Struts 1.0.2 and not 1.1 b1.)

My WebSphere error log messages has a Null Pointer Exception thrown by the
parser and then a Action Servlet message saying "Error parsing the resource path
d:\WebSphere\StackDates\servlets\WEB-INF\struts-config.xml
<java.lang.NullPointerException>"

I have been told by people that this combination won't work and I need to
upgrade to WebSphere 3.5.6 and downgrade to Struts 1.0.2.
Can anyone tell me if they got WebSphere 3.5.4 working with Struts 1.1 b1 and
maybe a hint as to what I could be doing wrong ?

many thanks
Aisling