Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@earthlink.net> on 2002/03/26 09:57:56 UTC

Plug this...

On my jakarta account

http://jakarta.apache.org/~geirm/vel-pluggable.tgz

You can find a source tree that has pluggable introspection.  All of the
current introspection has been brought into one place, and Velocity need now
just one interface to do that.  Look into o.a.v.u.introspection

I tried to balance the needs of the plug-intro writer to have all sorts of
wacky freedom to do what they wish, versus the intense desire to keep things
protected (i.e. Velocity makes the decision to do the set/get rather than
the plug-intro)

So if you were interested in this subject (Paulo, Christoph, Peter) take a
look.  Daniel's ideas about what should happen in Foreach can be done
through this as well, I would imagine, so he should be happy.

It works against the testbed - if people think its ok, I'll commit and
remove the iterator from the RuntimeInstance, as it would have no futher
purpose - this will require simple changes to the testbed, but not major
ones...

System and Software Consulting