Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by françois Achache <fr...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/21 00:38:39 UTC

Fwd: Connection Factory Properties not effective for MDB

Timothy Bish closed my issue AMQ-5528, he saids that I should send that to
user mailing list.
I do that...

In glassfish deploy activemq-ra
create jms connectorFactory jms/testConnectionFactory
with property serverUrl = activemqUrl
create jms queue jms/testQueue
create sessionBean producer with injecteds resources
jms/testConnectionFactory and testQueue.
create servlet for launch producer.
This works.
But now create MDB with  Activation Spec Properties
*destination = "jms/testQueue"*
*destinationType = "Queue"*
in glassfish-ejb-jar.xml configure the mdb
{code:xml:title=glassfish-ejb-
jar.xml|borderStyle=solid}
<enterprise-beans>
   <ejb>
      <ejb-name>MDB-NAME<ejb-name>
      <mdb-connection-factory>
          <jndi-name>jms/testConnectionFactory</jndi-name>
      </mdb-connection-factory>
   </ejb>
</enterprise-beans>
{code}
the MDB doesnt work, I can't use the connectionFactory for MDB why ?
This technic works perfectly with openMQ but not with activeMQ
If I place the conguration on resource-adapter with  Resource Adapter
Properties and define in glassfish-ejb-jar.xml
{code:xml:title=glassfish-ejb-jar.xml|borderStyle=solid}
<enterprise-beans>
   <ejb>
      <ejb-name>MDB-NAME<ejb-name>
      <mdb-resource-adapter>
         <resource-adapter-mid>activemq-ra.5.10.0</resource-adapter-mid>
      </mdb-resource-adapter>
   </ejb>
</enterprise-beans>
{code}
this works, but If I want to use 2 differents business activemq for 1
application, how I do ?
The solution is deploy 2 or more resource-adapter, but this is unstable and
ugly. The logic is I deploy 1 resource-adapter and configure separatly 2
connectionFactories/pools.
When I look sources of ra, I feel that the MDB doesn't use ra
connectionFactory config in glassfish. just adapter config and spec from
MDB.

Thank

François Achache