Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Herbert Winter <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/08 12:29:18 UTC

Problem with upload (works on xp, error on linux)

hello list,

I am a new user of wicket and try to make a simple fileupload like the
example at http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/upload/

The examples work when I deploy to tomcat on win xp.
However when I use the war on linux ( e.g. Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 | suns
java 1.6.0_10-rc2-b32 | Linux | 2.6.27-5-generic | i386) and try to
upload a file in the browser, I get the following, titled Unexpected
RuntimeException:

WicketMessage: Method onFormSubmitted of interface
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener targeted at
component [MarkupContainer [Component id = ajax-iconUpload]] threw an
exception

Root cause:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to set model object on null
model of component:
page:footer:pluginRepeater:0:plugin:ajax-iconUpload:fileInput
at org.apache.wicket.Component.setDefaultModelObject(Component.java:2965)
[...]

Any idea what is happening, any hints?

greetings

Re: Problem with upload (works on xp, error on linux)

Posted by Herbert Winter <wi...@gmail.com>.
I found out what happenend: the API changed :)
since I always build with maven, I got a more actual wicket-1.4.snapshot.jar

thanx alot for your ideas.

greetings

Posted by Herbert Winter <wi...@gmail.com>.
hello,

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.

Posted by Herbert Winter <wi...@gmail.com>.
hello,

thanks for your input, more info on this:
* I use wicket-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
* I checked out the code from the repository ... and build the
code...so it is not the exactly the same war...
* I pointed the upload dir to a dir in my home-dir with no
writepermissions, no luck of course
* I pointed the upload dir to a dir in my home-dir WITH
writepermissions, no luck again
* if I use the no-ajax-upload  from
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/upload/ it does not work
on different machines running ubuntu 8.04 (desktop) and ubuntu 8.10
(beta, desktop).

What else could it be?

greetings

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.