Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Omar Ngarigari <ng...@yahoo.com> on 2012/07/25 21:23:51 UTC

Including JSP page from a jar file that placed on /WEB-INF/lib

Hello,

I would like know how to include a JSP page that was bundled in the jar file (WEB-INF/lib) using struts2. I used s:include tag, but I got the error (Exception thrown during invlude of /common/header.jsp"

1 - web/common/header is in the jar file under WEB-INF/lib
2  - in the mypages.jsp, I used <s:include value="/common/header.jsp"/>

Thanks,

________________________________
Posted by Omar Ngarigari <ng...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, my jar file contains just plain common JSP files (file.jsp)

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Shrinivas Parashar <Sh...@symantec.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Omar,

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
Standard JSP doesn't allow for compiling directly from a jar file.  There
are three options (that I'm aware of):

   1. Freemarker
   2. Velocity
   3. Java JSP Template Engine

Switching to Freemarker or Velocity can have other advantages (in speed
mainly), but it requires you to re-code your entire application.  Using the
Java JSP Template Engine seems to work pretty well.  I have been using it
for a while, and haven't had any problems.  I believe there are some
limitations with that template engine, but I can't recall what they are.
 If you want to try that route, add the following to your struts.xml:

<constant name="struts.ui.templateSuffix" value="java"/>

I'm sure there's lots more information in the Struts documentation.
  (*Chris*)