Posted to rivet-user@tcl.apache.org by ma...@finsystem.net on 2003/08/20 00:09:32 UTC

Rivet and FreeBSD 4.8

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install Rivet on a FreeBSD 4.8 Box. At the moment,
a port of Rivet doesn't exists, so I get source code, I've edit
make.tcl to add the line -I/usr/local/include/tcl8.4 and
-I/usr/include/rpcsvc to fine tcl.h and crypt.h file, and I launched
make.tcl script. mod_rivet.so is created. Then I copy it
into libexec of apache, but when I try to get a .rvt page, Apache give
me this error:

[Wed Aug 20 00:03:37 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory: init.tcl must
be installed correctly for Apache Rivet to function: can't find package
RivetTcl 1.1

There's somebody that runs Rivet on a FreeBSD box?

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my very very poor English :)

Re: Rivet and FreeBSD 4.8

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
matteo.niccoli@finsystem.net writes:

> Hi guys,

> I'm trying to install Rivet on a FreeBSD 4.8 Box. At the moment, a
> port of Rivet doesn't exists, so I get source code, I've edit
> make.tcl to add the line -I/usr/local/include/tcl8.4 and
> -I/usr/include/rpcsvc to fine tcl.h and crypt.h file, and I launched
> make.tcl script. mod_rivet.so is created. Then I copy it into
> libexec of apache, but when I try to get a .rvt page, Apache give me
> this error:

> [Wed Aug 20 00:03:37 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory: init.tcl must
> be installed correctly for Apache Rivet to function: can't find package
> RivetTcl 1.1

> There's somebody that runs Rivet on a FreeBSD box?

The problem is that you didn't actually do the install.

You can do it manually by copying the 'rivet' directory into
/usr/local/lib or wherever your tclsh will find it (the variable
$tcl_pkgPath has this info usually).

Check out the 'install' target in make.tcl.

I'm currently working on the build scripts to improve them some, by
the way...

> P.S. Sorry for my very very poor English :)

No problem:-) By the way, feel free to use the -dev list too.  Right
now there aren't too many posts there, and I think there are more
people subscribed.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton