Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by aniket ray <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/15 06:58:11 UTC

Launching traffic server from a different folder

Hi,

I'm trying to create a scenario where the traffic server gets built at a
build machine and users can copy the binaries and run them on their
individual machines.
Unfortunately it seems that the build folders are getting embedded in the
binaries as well. So users aren't able to execute the binaries.

Changing TS_PREFIX, TS_ROOT etc, does not seem to help. (Only traffic_cop
launches but not traffic_server and traffic_manager)
Does anybody know if this is possible without major code changes.

Thanks,
Aniket Ray

Re: Launching traffic server from a different folder

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com>.
the old style TS_PREFIX, TS_ROOT works for Inktomi distribute is
property binary. as TrafficServer is now open sourced, you can
compile/install from any host, and package it up for any distribution.
so that codes and config options all removed.

I'd suggest you get packaged, that will get much simple for binary
maint.

we are also working with distribution such as Debian Fedora and Gentoo
to get TrafficServer included in thire release.

fyi

在 2011-03-15二的 11:28 +0530,aniket ray写道:

--
zym, Zhao Yongming.
aka: yonghao @ taobao.com