Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Felix Röthenbacher <fe...@wyona.com> on 2005/03/08 16:44:43 UTC

Re: svn commit: r156526 - lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/lib/quartz-scheduler.jar

Since this jar is removed, my lenya compilation is broken.
What do I have to change to include the cocoon quartz jar?

- Felix

Felix Röthenbacher                  felix.roethenbacher@wyona.com

Re: svn commit: r156526 - lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/lib/quartz-scheduler.jar

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:

> Gregor J. Rothfuss schrieb:
>
>> Felix Röthenbacher wrote:
>>
>>> Since this jar is removed, my lenya compilation is broken.
>>> What do I have to change to include the cocoon quartz jar?
>>

> Sorry, I don't understand - which compilation is broken ?

1.2.X, but only if the "new" local.* are not being copied and Cocoon
re-built.

After rebuilding Cocoon it works fine again

>> the cron block needs to be enabled. jw?
>

> Not sure what you mean - do you mean the component declaration in
> cocoon.xconf ?

within local.* , but it seems like you checked that in yesterday ;-)

The scheduler seems to work fine, whereas I am actually surprised
because IIRC
then we used a patched quartz version.

Thanks

Michi

Michael Wechner

Re: svn commit: r156526 - lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/lib/quartz-scheduler.jar

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:

> This step is stated on the installation page, so admittedly I don't have
> a good excuse ;P
> It is however somewhat a pitfall, because people already using Cocoon
> for other purposes (as is my case) might think they can reuse the same
> Cocoon src directory for Lenya building, but really they shouldn't -
> because then you don't really know what jars you end up with in Lenya.
> I'm wondering if we should make this more explicit somehow, but not sure
> how

in trunk, the lenya build takes care of this and builds cocoon as well
(with the right properties) and patches cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap as
needed. this could be backported.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: svn commit: r156526 - lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/lib/quartz-scheduler.jar

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> for the moment it might be sufficient to add a condition to the build
>> process
>> where the local files are being compared and a WARNING might be
>> thrown, but
>> one might not want to prohibit using other local files, because it
>> can definitely
>> make sense.
>

> the warning and info messages that are in the build currently are
> pretty useless because they scroll by too fast.

agreed, except if the fail task is being used ;-) but as said we shouldn't
force anyone to use the Lenya local files

> they should rather appear at the end of the build.

we can certainly do the conditioning at the end

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: svn commit: r156526 - lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/lib/quartz-scheduler.jar

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> for the moment it might be sufficient to add a condition to the build
> process
> where the local files are being compared and a WARNING might be thrown, but
> one might not want to prohibit using other local files, because it can
> definitely
> make sense.

the warning and info messages that are in the build currently are pretty
useless because they scroll by too fast. they should rather appear at
the end of the build.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:

>  I'm wondering if we should make this more explicit somehow, but not
> sure how

for the moment it might be sufficient to add a condition to the build
process
where the local files are being compared and a WARNING might be thrown, but
one might not want to prohibit using other local files, because it can
definitely
make sense.

Michi

> Wolfgang

Michael Wechner

Re: svn commit: r156526 - lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/lib/quartz-scheduler.jar

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss schrieb:
> J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I don't understand - which compilation is broken ?
>> The current BRANCH_1_2_X does compile, it copies the cocoon quartz jar
>> within the "prepare-cocoon" target of init-build.xml, among with other
>> Cocoon libraries (if I understand correctly).
>> So you are perhaps talking about the compilation of another
>> publication ? How is it compiled ?
>

> the cron block needs to be enabled in local.blocks.properties to ensure
> that cocoon copies quartz to its web-inf/lib (where it is picked up by
> lenya).
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/src/cocoon/local.blocks.properties
>

> it currently is not enabled.

Ok, done - everything is ok now on a clean installation process.

Thanks Gregor for clarifying this ! I had already built Cocoon by
itself, i.e. without copying Lenya's local.blocks.properties. So I
didn't notice the missing block as it is compiled by default in Cocoon.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss schrieb:
> Felix Röthenbacher wrote:
>
>> Since this jar is removed, my lenya compilation is broken.
>> What do I have to change to include the cocoon quartz jar?

Sorry, I don't understand - which compilation is broken ?
The current BRANCH_1_2_X does compile, it copies the cocoon quartz jar
within the "prepare-cocoon" target of init-build.xml, among with other
Cocoon libraries (if I understand correctly).
So you are perhaps talking about the compilation of another publication
? How is it compiled ?

> the cron block needs to be enabled. jw?

Not sure what you mean - do you mean the component declaration in
cocoon.xconf ? It is enabled, but of course this would have no incidence
on the compilation. Or did there used to be a build.properties option ?
(there isn't anymore)

Wolfgang

Re: svn commit: r156526 - lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/lib/quartz-scheduler.jar

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.