Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John <jo...@quivinco.com> on 2013/05/24 13:00:25 UTC

disable form submit button unless a form field value is changed

Hi,

Is there an easy way for a form submit button to be disabled until the user edits a field and makes it different from it's initial value when the form rendered? Also if the user puts the field back to original value the submit again disables.

I seem to remember Tapestry secures forms with some kind of signature, could that be used?

regards,
John

Re: disable form submit button unless a form field value is changed

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 24 May 2013 08:00:25 -0300, John <jo...@quivinco.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> Is there an easy way for a form submit button to be disabled until the
> user edits a field and makes it different from it's initial value when
> the form rendered? Also if the user puts the field back to original
> value the submit again disables.

None out-of-the-box in Tapestry. This needs to be implemented 100%
implemented in JavaScript, as the values you need to track changes are all
client-side.

> I seem to remember Tapestry secures forms with some kind of signature,
> could that be used?

Nope, as what you want is 100% client-side and this signature (HMAC) is to
avoid security problems.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo