Posted to user@poi.apache.org by am...@ubs.com on 2013/03/08 19:02:03 UTC

HSLF Table -- Modifying a table cell

Hi,

I have an existing powerpoint template. I am trying to read a table
(which has a predefined header and few empty rows) and add Text to the
cells.

Slide slide = ppt.getSlides()[4];
Table table =  (Table) slide.getShapes()[1];
TableCell cell = table.getCell(3, 0);
Cell.setText("Hello")

When I open the output ppt, my original table is unchanged. I don't see
the value "Hello" where I want.

I played a lot with the font, setting the same text through textruns
etc.. But still don't see my cell changed from blank to "Hello".

I was able to fill the target cell by some color though. Somehow, my
text never shows up.

Pls help

Thanks
Amey

RE: HSLF Table -- Modifying a table cell

Posted by am...@ubs.com.
Looking closely from java debug view,

I see that after I set the text (Hello),

Under tablecell._txBox
_children.TextByteAtom array reflects my change
_escherRecord does not reflect any change

Am I missing anything?

Amey