Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by nancy_b <na...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/22 09:15:30 UTC

Please help: section labels and other XML woes

Hi everybody!

Could you please advise me on the following XSL issues?

I am using XSLPROC and FOP 0.94 for compiling pdf documents, and I can't
cope with two problems:

1) section labels have a dot at the end: for example: 2.2.4. Getting Started
- I want to get rid of the dot after 4.

2) I have several parts in my document and each part has its table of
contents that displays the parts chapters and their sections. I would like
to show only chapters - is it possible?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes,
Nancy

Re: Please help: section labels and other XML woes

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi Nancy,

nancy_b wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Could you please advise me on the following XSL issues?
>
> I am using XSLPROC and FOP 0.94 for compiling pdf documents, and I can't
> cope with two problems:
>
> 1) section labels have a dot at the end: for example: 2.2.4. Getting Started
> - I want to get rid of the dot after 4.
>
> 2) I have several parts in my document and each part has its table of
> contents that displays the parts chapters and their sections. I would like
> to show only chapters - is it possible?

We can’t help you on those issues I’m afraid, because they occur before
FOP is even started. This has to do with customizing the XSLT
transformation, and FOP only takes the result of this transformation to
render it into PDF.

It sounds like you are using DocBook? Then you can have a look at the
following pages to see how you can customize your transformation:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/index.html
However, if I remember well your first issue will be slightly more
complicated to address. It has already been mentioned on the
docbook-apps mailing list, so try to search in the archives:
http://docbook.org/help
At any rate the docbook-apps list is the right one for any question
related to DocBook customization.

If you’re using something else than DocBook, then you will have to
figure out how to get help for this particular documentation system.

HTH,
Vincent