Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by olivier giorgi <ol...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/11/30 19:23:34 UTC

[users@httpd] tomcat 6 as a windows service fails to start with -server option

Hello to all,

struggling to enable UTF-8 encoding  on apache tomcat 6 Windows service.
The option we used to activate (within startup.bat) was
          -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server
Looks like tomcat is able to start when launched from startup.bat, but, if we intend to configure tomcat as a service, the -server flag causes the process to abort
[395 javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
[1000 prunsrv.c] [error] Failed initializing java ...\intel_a\code\tomcat\current\bin\bootstrap.jar
[1269 prunsrv.c] [error] ServiceStart returned 2
[info] Run service finished.
[info] Procrun finished.

Despite several threads around this Procrun/prunsrv.c story, it's hard to figure out what are the limitations/fixes to these kind of pbs.
Any gourou who would have a clue? Thxs in advance.

Re: [users@httpd] tomcat 6 as a windows service fails to start with -server option

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM, olivier giorgi <ol...@yahoo.fr>wrote:

>    Hello to all,
>
> struggling to enable UTF-8 encoding  on apache tomcat 6 Windows service.
> The option we used to activate (within startup.bat) was

You're still on the wrong mailing list.

http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html

--
Eric Covener