Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Brune, Edward" <ed...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/01/29 18:09:43 UTC

Cant access a template

cbrainpower-13-creativ-learning-made

I was trying to download cBrain-Power 1.3  from your Apache OpenOffice Templates  and I keep getting Access Denied.

|   |    |

|   |
Apache OpenOffice Templates
   |   |

Its labeled as free, so I was perplexed.  Can someone help?
Thanks,Ed Brune

Re: Cant access a template

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.
Resent with correct OP mail.

Le 29/01/2017  20:57, Hagar Delest a crit :

Re: Cant access a template

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cant access a template

Posted by toki <to...@gmail.com>.
On 01/29/2017 07:29 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote:

> Yet another instance of a  long festering defect in the OO "organization"

I'd hardly call adhering to a request to no longer offer something, as a
defect.

jonathon

Re: Cant access a template

Posted by Nellyfanjita Computer <he...@outlook.com>.
I will try Libre and thank you for the suggestion as OO has been pretty poor.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Posted by Girvin Herr <gr...@fastmail.com>.
LibreOffice has its own set of problems.  I keep them both installed in
order to use the best tool for the job.  I would hate to see either one
"die".

Girvin Herr

Re: Cant access a template

Posted by Jim McLaughlin <jj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cant access a template

Posted by toki <to...@gmail.com>.
On 01/30/2017 05:26 AM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> We can't say this is a non-issue, if users get a misleading message like
> "You are not authorized to access this page"

What would the appropriate action here be:
* Removing the templates and extensions for which this is a known non-issue?
* Allowing the page to be displayed, but without making the extension,
or template available?
* Something else. If so, who? And why?

> if the click on an extension then there an issue.
> Someone should maintain the Template and Extension pages.

This gets into who is responsible for adding updated extensions and
templates to the repository:
* The original contributor;
* The individual(s) responsible for maintaining the website;
* Somebody else. If so, who? And why?

Along those lines, are these related issues on handling templates and
extensions that are:
* Not installable using the current/recent versions of AOo;
* Installable, but do not function as expected;
* Not in an ODF file format;
* Not what they portray themselves as being;

Related to this, would be a clearly stated notice on the Apache Open
Office website, stating who, if anybody, is the designated agent for
DMCA notices is. (Going by the official website of DMCA designated
agents, The Apache Software Foundation doesn't have one.)

The last time I went through the available templates, there were five or
six whose source looked dubious. The proffered support website offered
no indication of the availability, much less support of their offerings
in an ODF file format. One of them went so far as to state that they
only supported Microsoft Office on the Windows platform.

#####

Something that would incredibly useful, would be a script that
automatically installs, and tests each extension, and template for each
release candidate and delivered version of AOo, flagging those that fail
the tests.

On a semi-related note would be a Coverty scan of each extension.
Also, if possible, would be a scanner, looking for security
flaws/exploits in both templates, and extensions.  This is more crucial
for LibO, than AOo, due to the security parameters that are available
with LibO, but not AOo. OTOH, those organizations that take those
security parameters seriously, should also be doing their own analysis
of the extensions and templates that are downloaded and installed on
their systems. Should being the operative word.

jonathon

jonathon

Re: Cant access a template

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.