Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov> on 2011/12/14 01:02:40 UTC

Keys for deleted rows visible in CLI

Hello,

I searched the archives and it appears that this question was once asked but
was not answered. I just deleted a lot of rows, and want to "list" in
cli. I still see
the keys. This is not the same as getting slices, is it? Anyhow, what's
the reason
and rationale? I run 0.8.8.

Thanks

Maxim

Re: Keys for deleted rows visible in CLI

Posted by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov>.
Thanks, it makes perfect sense now. Well an option in cassandra could
make it optional
as far as display it concerned, w/o performance hit -- of course this is
all unimportant.

Thanks again

Maxim

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.

Posted by Maxim Potekhin <po...@bnl.gov>.

Posted by Harold Nguyen <hn...@barracuda.com>.
Hi  Maxim,

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
The cli's 'list' command is the same as get_range_slices(), which is the
one type of query where you can get back range ghosts (deleted keys).

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>