Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2003/02/06 14:22:41 UTC

Configuring Cocoon to run under Apache/Tomcat virtual host?

Hi

I am looking for help with configuring an Apache/Tomcat
setup, trying to support a password-protected Cocoon
site that must be accessed by a virtual host name.

The UNIX support has tried to set it up (see below),
but trying to access the site results in an error 302,
which just repeats over and over in the log file:
111.11.1.1 - - [06/Feb/2003:14:11:00 -0200] "GET /cocoon/myapp/index
HTTP/1.1" 302 0
and of course the site is not accessible.

Any help with this is *much* appreciated; maybe
a small help file can be added to the Wiki.

Thanks
Derek

*******

The configuration entry looks as follows:

<VirtualHost 111.11.11.2>

ServerAdmin joe@mydomain
ServerName myapp.csir.co.za:80
DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat/webapps

<Directory /usr/local/tomcat/webapps>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "myappis a restricted area !"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/users
Require valid-user
</Directory>

RewriteEngine   on
RewriteRule ^/(.*)      /cocoon/appdir [PT]
WebAppConnection appdirConnection warp server.host.com:8008
WebAppDeploy cocoon appdirConnection /cocoon/

</VirtualHost>

"The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
Internet Policy."

Re: Configuring Cocoon to run under Apache/Tomcat virtual host?

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
i am running an apache/tomcat/cocoon combination with authentication
driven by tomcat (just setting the correct security-constraints within
the web.xml and adding the right REALM in tomcat/server.xml ...

i did never touch the apache server itself for authentification
issues...

And i'm using form based authentification.

regards, hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH