Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joaquim Carvalho <jo...@dei.uc.pt> on 2001/10/10 00:01:55 UTC

Why must the axis jars go into Tomcat classpath?

Hi,

Bellow is Mark solution for a problem in deploying Axis services in
Tomcat.
IF the four jars of the axis distribution are just put in "WEB_INF/lib"
the services don't work.
IF they go to the Tomcat Classpath everything works fine.
This I checked is the case in W2000 and in MacOSX other than Linux.

My question is: is this the way it shoud be? Shouldn't webapps be self
suficient by putting their required classes in WEB-INF? Is this a Tomcat
problem or an Axis problem?

Joaquim