Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Dityo Krisnugroho <di...@maybank-am.co.id> on 2016/09/09 03:04:49 UTC

Get page and coordinate position of text and how to retrieve text from the same position on another page

Hi,

I need to be able to get page and coordinate position of text and how to
retrieve text from the same position on another page.

Ho to do that?

Best Regards,
A. Dityo Krisnugroho
Information Technology Officer
Sentral Senayan 3 Building, Mezzanine Floor
Jl. Asia Afrika No.8, Senayan - Gelora Bung Karno, Jakarta 10270 Indonesia.
Direct Line: +62 21 8065 7724|Fax: +62 21 8065 7702|www.maybank-am.co.id

The information contained in this message including any attachtments, is
confidential and may be legally privileged or proprietary and are intended
for the named addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
not permitted to use, copy or distribute the message and attachments in any
manner. If you have received this email in error, please inform the sender
by return email immediately and delete all copies of the message and its
attachments.

Maybank Asset Management makes no warranty as to the accuracy or
completeness of any information contained. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.

Re: Get page and coordinate position of text and how to retrieve text from the same position on another page

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 09.09.2016 um 05:04 schrieb Dityo Krisnugroho:

> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to get page and coordinate position of text and how
> to retrieve text from the same position on another page.

See the PrintTextLocations example from the source code download. To get
text (more than just one character) from a specific area, use
ExtractTextByArea. If just one character, then you just extract the text
like in PrintTextLocations  and keep what you want.

Tilman