Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Prasan Ary <vo...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/19 19:00:14 UTC

hbase regionserver fails ( correction on metric)

Sorry, a typo on performance metric. It should read as :

  For eg:
  When both regionservers were running: Insertion of 50000 rows in a newly created table took 106 seconds.
  After one of the regionservers failed: Insertion of 50000 rows in a newly created table took 23.8 seconds.

Thanks.

Prasan Ary <vo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hi all,
  We are running tests with 2 regionservers running hbase on hadoop.

  After a couple of tests involving creating a new table and inserting rows in it, we notice that one of the regionservers fails with following message:

  2008-02-19 10:49:10,424 WARN org.apache.hadoop.fs.DFSClient: Problem renewing lease for DFSClient_-1702284126: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.setupIOstreams(Client.java:161)
  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getConnection(Client.java:578)
  at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.$Proxy1.renewLease(Unknown Source)
  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:82)
  at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:59)
  at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.$Proxy1.renewLease(Unknown Source)
  at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient$LeaseChecker.run(DFSClient.java:588)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

  I have attached the full text of log with this mail.

  While one of the regionserver fails, I notice that performance improves by multiple folds for the same test involving table creation and row insertion.
  For eg:
  When both regionservers were running: Insertion of 50000 rows in a newly created table took 106 seconds.
  After one of the regionservers failed: Insertion of 50000 rows in a newly created table took 23887 seconds.

  Any help/enlightment is appreciated.

  V.