Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 15:28:10 UTC

asf-authorization tidyup

There are some inconsistencies in the incubator sections of asf-authorization:

1) TLPs still listed as 'current incubator project': couchdb qpid

These need to be moved further down the list, beyond the marker:

# graduating incubator projects

2) TLPs with incubator subdirectories: cayenne ibatis roller tuscany

The following sections should be removed, as the directories to which
they relate are no longer in SVN:

[/incubator/cayenne]
@cayenne = rw

[/incubator/ibatis]
@ibatis = rw

[/incubator/roller]
@roller = rw

[/incubator/tuscany]
@ws-tuscany = rw
@ws-all = rw

Thanks!

Re: asf-authorization tidyup

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/01/2009, Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> El vie, 16-01-2009 a las 14:28 +0000, sebb escribió:
>
> > There are some inconsistencies in the incubator sections of asf-authorization:
>  >
>  > 1) TLPs still listed as 'current incubator project': couchdb qpid
>  >
>  > These need to be moved further down the list, beyond the marker:
>  >
>  > # graduating incubator projects
>  >
>  >
>  > 2) TLPs with incubator subdirectories: cayenne ibatis roller tuscany
>  >
>  > The following sections should be removed, as the directories to which
>  > they relate are no longer in SVN:
>  >

> Aren't those directories still available in the history?

Hopefully, but that does not require write access...

>  Even if so, I am not sure of what is the semantics of "w" there...
>  creating a new tag off an old version? branching the old tree? does not
>  look likely or really useful.
>
>  Just trying to understand the meaning
>  Santiago

There is no directory called

/incubator/cayenne

so there is no point in having a section granting read/write access to
the non-existent directory.

The 4 sections mentioned below serve no purpose any more.

Note that the sections for other Incubator projects that have gone TLP
have already been removed.

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.