Posted to community@apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2010/07/13 12:30:37 UTC

Re: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

On Fri Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I am just sending this email to find out if there are any Apache
> committers, PMCs or members living in Portugal, with the purpose of
> getting in touch.

Hmpf - got that message just a bit too late:

http://blog.isabel-drost.de/index.php/archives/tag/vacation

Just as an idea - something that works well in Berlin: After "noticing"
that there are several Apache affiliated people who live in Berlin or
visit the city regularly, we have setup a monthly Apache Dinner.
Everyone interested in Apache is welcome to join. Maybe something like
that might work in Lisboa or Porto as well?

http://blog.isabel-drost.de/index.php/archives/category/events/apache-dinner-berlin

We are recruiting people from various sources: The local java user
group, the Apache Hadoop Get Together, friends/committers/members that
come here for a visit, the NoSQL meetup etc.

Isabel

Re: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> That's definitely a good idea.
>
> @Filipe: i'll be near Porto during the first two weeks (August).
> I can provide (off) my phone number.
>
> Jean-Louis

Awesome!

This sounds like a good opportunity to organise a lunch in Porto.
Anyone is welcome to join! :)

Perhaps it's not too far for Carlos Sanchez and Santiago Gala as well.

My xmpp is:  fdmanana@gmail.com. Feel free to add me.

People interested in coming, let us known your availability during the 2
first weeks of August.

cheers

> 2010/7/13 Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>:
> > On Fri Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> I am just sending this email to find out if there are any Apache
> >> committers, PMCs or members living in Portugal, with the purpose of
> >> getting in touch.
> >
> > Hmpf - got that message just a bit too late:
> >
> > http://blog.isabel-drost.de/index.php/archives/tag/vacation
> >

> > Just as an idea - something that works well in Berlin: After "noticing"
> > that there are several Apache affiliated people who live in Berlin or
> > visit the city regularly, we have setup a monthly Apache Dinner.
> > Everyone interested in Apache is welcome to join. Maybe something like
> > that might work in Lisboa or Porto as well?
> >

> http://blog.isabel-drost.de/index.php/archives/category/events/apache-dinner-berlin
> >
> > We are recruiting people from various sources: The local java user
> > group, the Apache Hadoop Get Together, friends/committers/members that
> > come here for a visit, the NoSQL meetup etc.
> >

> > Isabel

Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@apache.org

Re: committers, PMCs or members in Portugal

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.