Posted to user@spark.apache.org by neeraj bhadani <bh...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/08 09:33:31 UTC

Spark Window Documentation

Hi Team,
    I was looking for a Spark window function example on documentation.

For example, I could the function definition and params are explained
nicely here:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/python/pyspark.sql.html#pyspark.sql.Window.rowsBetween

and this is the source which is available since spark version 2.1:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/python/_modules/pyspark/sql/window.html#Window.rowsBetween

But I couldn't find an example which helps to understand How it works.

Although, while browsing the GitHub code I have found some example here:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/python/pyspark/sql/window.py#L83

which I couldn't find on the spark official doc page. Where and how this
example is linked with the official spark documentation.

If such examples are not available, Could you please share the process on
how I can contribute examples to the spark documentation.

Regards,
Neeraj

Re: Spark Window Documentation

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Neeraj,

I'd start from "Contributing Documentation Changes" in
https://spark.apache.org/contributing.html

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----