Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Yan Virin <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/17 18:01:58 UTC

Programmable configuration in embedded cassandra

Hello,

I understand that currently one must have the configuration file in place in
order to start a cassandra node(even if it is embedded in the application,
i.e. using only StorageProxy without CassandraServer).
Is that correct?
It would be practical and very easy to implement a "programmable"
configuration object(like making it possible to create an instance of
DataBaseDescriptor instance not from a file) in order to make it possible to
fully embed cassandra instance into custom application.

Thanks

--
Jan Virin
http://www.linkedin.com/in/yanvirin

Re: Programmable configuration in embedded cassandra

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.
You are correct. See
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/service/EmbeddedCassandraService.javaand
http://prettyprint.me/2010/02/14/running-cassandra-as-an-embedded-service/

afaik currently only a configuration file is supported, although with the
next release the actual schema can be controlled programatically.