Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@hotmail.com> on 2021/09/28 14:06:32 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Add DSIP for huge feature/improvement

Hi guys,

	I proposal adding DSIP to our community, which to inform and involve the user community in major improvements
to the DolphinScheduler. Community could know our huge feature/improvement by tracking DSIP, they would know what
we are doing and what we want to do in the future, and this make our community open and friendly to new contributors.
Some Apache project have some Improvement Proposals like DSIP, such as Spark and Flink

What I think we have to discuss by adding DSIP,
1) Add documentation for what DSIP is and which feature/improvement could be DSIP to our contribute doc[1].
2) Choose a place to keep our DSIP, I proposal we use github issue and mailing-list to do it.
3) Add new issue template and new issue tag for DSIP.
4) Add PR describe do not using key word `closes` or `close` if DSIP connect to multiple PR

I you have adding suggestions about adding DSIP should do, please let me know by discussing in mailing-list

[1]: https://dolphinscheduler.apache.org/en-us/community/development/contribute.html <https://dolphinscheduler.apache.org/en-us/community/development/contribute.html>

Best Wish
— Jiajie

Re:[PROPOSAL] Add DSIP for huge feature/improvement

Posted by CalvinKirs <ac...@163.com>.
+1

Best Wishes!
CalvinKirs, Apache DolphinScheduler PMC

Posted by David Dai <li...@apache.org>.
+1
good suggestion!

Best Regards

---------------
Apache DolphinScheduler PMC Chair
David Dai
lidongdai@apache.org
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dailidong
Twitter: @WorkflowEasy

Posted by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@hotmail.com>.
Hey guys,

  The result of this proposal is pass with one vote yes and no one vote -1

And we already have an example DSIP issue in here[1], if some who interested on
it could take a look.

  What more, we need to add a new labels named `DSIP` in out repo, could some
Add it for issue[1]?

Posted by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@hotmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

    I just start an example DSIP in github issue[1], and it connect to multiple PRs or issues,
Maybe you could take a quick look before share your idea in this mailing-list