Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/01 09:26:20 UTC

Re: I'm interested in integrating microblogging into OFBiz

Hi,

A student in Germany just won third prize in the SAPiens contest
(http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tu-chemnitz.de%2Fwirtschaft%2Fwi2%2Fwp%2Fde%2F2009%2F11%2F30%2Ferfolg-bei-sapiens-2009%2F&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate)
with research focusing on the the integration of microblogging and ERP
systems.

Here are the details:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tu-chemnitz.de%2Fwirtschaft%2Fwi2%2Fwp%2Fde%2F2009%2F11%2F30%2Ferfolg-bei-sapiens-2009%2F&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Of interest to those looking for examples of the ERP integration into
microblogging systems, I'd suggest looking at the included slides
which have examples of machines and logistics locations tweeting
status information. Very cool stuff.

D.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Just wanted to tell both lists that I've successfully created a
prototype for integrating ESME into OfBiz.  I used the the "example"
component and added a java service that responds to newly created
entities - in this case "examples" - and sends a message to ESME with
information about the entity. I used ESME's Twitter API for the
communication

The prototype is primitive but shows the necessary steps for others to
add it to other entities if desired.

Right now, I've hard-coded the authentication data but this could
probably be expanded with OFbiz-specific data for someone with more
knowledge about the internals.

Java code obviously needs to be cleaned-up.

Details are here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/Simple+Use+Case+-+OFBiz+sends+message+to+ESME

If anyone has any more questions or further ideas, I'd be really
interested to hear them.

D.

Re: I'm interested in integrating microblogging into OFBiz