Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by eric b <er...@free.fr> on 2012/03/20 22:56:21 UTC

How cleanup the french web page ?

Hello,

Everything is in the title : the old page (http://www.openoffice.org/
fr/) contains a lot of obsolete and / or wrong information.

I'm volunteer to cleanup (Vincent and Guy are too), but I need some
pointers. What is the process ? File another issue at JIRA ?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

Re: How cleanup the french web page ?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Eric,

On Mar 20, 2012, at 2:56 PM, eric b wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Everything is in the title : the old page (http://www.openoffice.org/fr/) contains a lot of obsolete and / or wrong information.

You can manage using the bookmarklet and you are a committer and empowered.

See http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html

Local development is also possible, but I am running into some issues with some recent upgrades so some of the markdown isn't working.

If you want to have french language versions of the top navigation bar and other elements simply create a translation of ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/topnav.mdtext and brand.mdtext and put those into content/fr/.

Then you would create a directory called ooo/ooo-site/trunk/templates/fr/ and copy ssi.mdtext from trunk/templates/ to this new sub folder. Edit template/fr/ssi.mdtext to adjust the paths to topnav and brand to /fr/brand.html and /fr/topnav.html

> I'm volunteer to cleanup (Vincent and Guy are too), but I need some pointers. What is the process ?

As you see it is svn commits where all AOO committers are empowered!

> File another issue at JIRA ?

Only if things are broken, and then ask me first.

Best Regards,
Dave

Re: Cleaning up Dutch web pages

Posted by Simon Brouwer <si...@brousant.nl>.
Hi Kay, hi Dennis,

Thanks for the useful information!

I found the e-mail with the password, updated my forwarding and alias
addresses, and was able to change a webpage. Great!

Best regards,
Simon

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Simon -- Hi and welcome back!

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Simon Brouwer <si...@brousant.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start cleaning up the outdated Dutch web pages at
> http://www.openoffice.org/nl/
>
> I used to be project lead of the Dutch native language project of OOo and
> I am an initial committer (user simonbr). However, I don't have an svn
> password that I know of. Also, I assume, write access to the files in
> question needs to be granted.

Please see:
 http://openofficeorg.staging.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html

for information on how to deal with updating the web site.

Your svn password should be the same at the one you used to initialize your
people.apache.org account  (I think).

Get back to this list if you have problems.

Have fun.

> How can this be arranged?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --