Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/17 22:07:15 UTC

How to encourage more diversity on ActiveMQ

Clearly a discussion of this topic needs to be started. I proposed some
actions late last night in a different discussion, so let's just start with
those and couple more I have thought of since:

* Offering karma to those contributors who have provided enhancements to
ActiveMQ over the years but who have not been offered it yet (for this I am
already working to compile a list of people who have contributed enough
patches that they should be offered karma -- anyone care to help?)
* Publish a list of expectations on the wiki for contributors who are
interested in seeking karma
* Discussing ideas openly via the lists so that *everyone* has the context
that David mentioned
* Working publicly via the lists to foster trust amongst  and offer one
another compromises
* Taking the time to include the rest of the community in the discussion by
reflecting the outcome of offline conversions via the lists
* Publish a plan of actions for the 'HornetQ donated code base' (including
Hiram's clarification)

What other ideas do people have for encouraging diversity?

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: How to encourage more diversity on ActiveMQ

Posted by Clebert <cl...@gmail.com>.
Write a hacking guide, as we talked on apachecon at the hackaton area

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by jgenender <jg...@apache.org>.
Awesome ideas!  Keep em coming!

Re: How to encourage more diversity on ActiveMQ

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Big +1 on these, David!

Bruce

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.