Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by as...@ieuskadi.com on 2003/02/03 16:02:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read

Hi,
      I am working with a CGI instaled on an Apache Server, running on a
Windows 2000 Server. The aplication that tries to execute the CGI is a Java
aplication running on an IAS. The aplication uses java.net.URLConnection to
open the connection. I guess the request is not reaching the server. How
can I know where is the problem?

The exception I find is: "Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read"

Sometimes it works fine. Some others it fails.

Version Instaled: apache_2.0.43-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

Thanks for your help.

RE: [users@httpd] Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read

Posted by Martin Vilcans <ma...@jadestone.se>.
First of all, does the server respond properly when you send requests using
a browser or telnet? If is does, it looks like a problem on the client side.
Show us the relevant Java code and the stack trace of the exception.

Are you sending lots of requests from the Java code, or just one per hour or
something? It might be a performance problem.

Martin