Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2010/02/26 18:07:03 UTC

Re: svn commit: r916538 - in /incubator/aries/trunk/application/eba-maven-plugin/src/test/resources/unit/basic-eba-test/target: ./ test-eba.jar

Yeah, this looks strange to me too. I don't think we should have
anything in the target dir of any module in SVN. Can we have it in
src/test/resources then move it over to target as part of the build.

Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 26 February 2010 18:12, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
>
>> On 26 February 2010 17:24, Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just a clarification - it isn't in "the" target dir ... it is in a
>>> directory
>>> named target which is under src/test/resources/unit/basic-eba-test.  In
>>> general though, I would prefer to not have a directory named "target"
>>> anywhere in our source. (which will let my hack work again ;-) ).
>>
>> Ah yes, I missed that. You should change your hack :-) But it is still
>> confusing and I would prefer not to have a subdir called target under
>> src
>
> I copied this from a rar plugin unit test.  I think its a pretty reasonable
> way to have a test fixture for a packaging mojo.  I'm not changing it, if
> you want to jump through hoops to create the same test situation go ahead.
>  I think the result will be unmaintainable.

OK, sounds like there is precedent and even probably this is the best
thing to do. So I take it back - I'll get used to it.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
David Jencks wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
>
>> On 26 February 2010 17:24, Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just a clarification - it isn't in "the" target dir ... it is in a
>>> directory
>>> named target which is under src/test/resources/unit/basic-eba-test.  In
>>> general though, I would prefer to not have a directory named "target"
>>> anywhere in our source. (which will let my hack work again ;-) ).
>>
>> Ah yes, I missed that. You should change your hack :-) But it is still
>> confusing and I would prefer not to have a subdir called target under
>> src
>
> I copied this from a rar plugin unit test.  I think its a pretty
> reasonable way to have a test fixture for a packaging mojo.  I'm not
> changing it, if you want to jump through hoops to create the same test
> situation go ahead.  I think the result will be unmaintainable.

If there's a good reason for this (and it sounds like there is) then I
certainly have no need to change it and make things unmaintainable.  I
was just pointing it out since my hack made it painfully obvious and I'm
not used to seeing something named target in our src.  Also, given that
it was copied (and from the maven team themselves), we are not the first
to set the precedent.

Joe

--
Joe