Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gary Aitken <op...@dreamchaser.org> on 2013/08/15 20:16:52 UTC

line break in multi-line input box

Can anyone tell me how to insert a line break in a multi-line input form?
In this case it's a front end for a database, and the field is a blob in a
mysql db.
Under ms access it was <ctrl><enter>,
but that is bound to moving to the next record.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: line break in multi-line input box

Posted by Gary Aitken <op...@dreamchaser.org>.
On 08/15/13 15:09, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
> Did you try <Shift>+<Enter>?
>
> I ask because there is at least one control that used to use
> Ctrl+Enter for a new line that now requires Shift+Enter.

Yes, I tried it.
But no, it doesn't work either.
<shift><Enter> backs up one tab
going to the next record.

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
Did you try <Shift>+<Enter>?

I ask because there is at least one control that used to use Ctrl+Enter
for a new line that now requires Shift+Enter.

On 08/15/2013 02:16 PM, Gary Aitken wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to insert a line break in a multi-line input form?
> In this case it's a front end for a database, and the field is a blob in a
> mysql db.
> Under ms access it was <ctrl><enter>,
> but that is bound to moving to the next record.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php