Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by John Dulaney <jd...@gnu.org> on 2018/02/28 15:53:44 UTC

Proxy marmotta

Hey, y'all

I am attempting to run marmotta behind a proxy server.  I am using
Tomcat 8 on Fedora.

I can get it to run just fine without any proxy whatsoever.  However,
it doesn't like being proxied.

Now, the trouble I run into is that if I set kiwi.context =
http://localhost:8080 and kiwi.host = <server-ip>, and then proceed to
configure nginx to proxy_pass = http://localhost:8080.  The initial
page I get is blank, and if I go (from my browser on another box) to
http://<server-ip>, all I get is a blank page, with no indication of
errors on the console.  If I go to http://<server-ip>/marmotta, it
redirects to the about.html static page.

What am I doing wrong, here?

Can I put in a feature request that marmotta be configured like most
every other webapp (just set a listening port and address and that's
it)?

On a related note, is there a release mechanism besides .war that I
can just drop into tomcat's webapps directory, yet has all the static
assets extracted so that I may serve them directly with nginx?

I note that both proxying tomcat and using a proper webserver to serv
static content are both recommended in the tomcat docs.

--
John.