Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Eric <ej...@ir.iit.edu> on 2000/11/07 09:57:30 UTC

complex, multidimensional properties

I'm looking for a way to deal with properties that correspond to form
parameters such as Zoo1Animal1, Zoo1Animal2, Zoo2Animal1, etc.  I
would like them represented as two arrays in two seperate beans (a
Zoo array of AnimalForm objects and an Animal array of Strings in the
AnimalForm bean).  This seems like something that could be used by a
lot of complex input forms (especially ones that strive to keep inputs
on one page).

My question is, why does BeanUtils.populate not use
PropertyUtils.setProperty?  It seems like PropertyUtils.setProperty
would do exactly what I want...is it used anywhere?  Is there some tag
that corresponds to it?

Also, is what I'm considering reasonable?  Has anyone dealt with
issues like this before?

thanx,
eric.