Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by David Spencer <da...@tropo.com> on 2005/05/09 19:46:34 UTC

my sandbox/committer/svn permissions seem to be hosed

I can log into people.apache.org as "dspencer" so my password works, but
when I try to do a test commit of a file in the sandbox/contrib area I
get an error. I'm new to SVN so maybe I'm doing something dumb, or did
my permissions not get copied over to the SVN system?

Here's what I tried:

svn commit -m "minor comment and test checkin to test my
powers...er..permissions"
Sending        similarity\README.txt
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Password for 'dave':
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Username: dspencer@apache.org
Password for 'dspencer@apache.org': *********
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Username: dspencer
Password for 'dspencer': *********
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: CHECKOUT of
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/153429/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/similarity/README.txt':
authorization failed (https://svn.apache.org)

Re: my sandbox/committer/svn permissions seem to be hosed

Posted by David Spencer <da...@tropo.com>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:

> David Spencer wrote:
>
>> I can log into people.apache.org as "dspencer" so my password works,
>> but when I try to do a test commit of a file in the sandbox/contrib
>> area I get an error. I'm new to SVN so maybe I'm doing something dumb,
>> or did my permissions not get copied over to the SVN system?
>

> Did you run svnpasswd to set your Subversion password?  The svn
> passwords are different from your password on people.apache.org.

Ahh, ok, done, resolved, thanks to Andi too!

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.