Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hardika Catur S <ha...@solusi247.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/30 09:59:33 UTC

Monitoring Apache Solr

Hi,

I try to monitor apache solr, because solr often over heap and status
collection solr be "down". How to monitor apache solr ??
is there any tools for monitoring solr or how ??

Please help me to find a solution.

Thanks,
Hardika CS.

Re: Monitoring Apache Solr

Posted by Georg Sorst <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hardika,

you can get pretty far with basic Nagios / Icinga plugins (though Sematext
SPM may be a better option if you are operating on large scale).

JMX provides almost complete JVM information (Heap usage, GC info). A
Nagios Plugin to access JMX can be found here:
https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Java-Applications-and-Servers/check_jmx/details

Note that JMX is by default turned off in Solr 6. You can enable it by
adding the appropriate parameters to solr.in.sh (if you are on Linux).

Monitoring node or collection status can be done through Solr's HTTP
interface. There are plenty of Nagios plugins to call a URL and check the
output.

Best,
Georg

Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com> schrieb am Di., 30. Aug.
2016 13:13:

Re: Monitoring Apache Solr

Posted by Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Hardika,

Re: Monitoring Apache Solr

Re: Monitoring Apache Solr

Posted by Sameer Maggon <sa...@measuredsearch.com>.
Hardika,

You can sign up at www.measuredsearch.com and take a look at SearchStax
Pulse, that provides detailed Monitoring for Solr Deployments, both single
node and cloud setups.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions around it.

Thanks,
Sameer.

--
*Sameer Maggon*
www.measuredsearch.com

Re: Monitoring Apache Solr

Posted by Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu>.
> I try to monitor apache solr, because solr often over heap and status
> collection solr be "down". How to monitor apache solr ??
> is there any tools for monitoring solr or how ??

The easiest way is to use the Solr ping feature:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Ping

It will quickly and reliable tell you if Solr is still alive.

There is also a status call: /solr/admin/info/system?wt=json which can
tell you how much free memory you have left.

 - Bram

Re: Monitoring Apache Solr

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I’ve heard several people recommend Sensu lately https://sensuapp.org/ <https://sensuapp.org/> but i have not tested it yet.