Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ajoy Acharyya <aj...@in.ibm.com> on 2006/03/17 15:38:15 UTC

Tab not coming as an active after performing some tast to the tab

hi,

I am facing one problem related to myfaces tabpanel. I am working in WSAD
5.1.1.

The problem is "Tab not coming as an active after performing some tast to
the tab"
Say I have 4 tab, I click some button on the 2nd or 3rd tab. Now the same
page should render, but in this case always first tab become active. I can
not set the last activated tab where from I submit some action.

I have used selectedIndex attribute, then also it is not working. and I
can't fire the javaScript that are there in the panelTab.

Now I thought to go using tabChangeListener, I have mention the class name
in type attribute as

 <t:tabChangeListener type="util.TabbedPaneListener" />

And defined the class as

public class TabbedPaneListener implements TabChangeListener {

                public void processTabChange(TabChangeEvent event)
                                                throws
AbortProcessingException {

                                HtmlPanelTabbedPane yourTabbedPane =
(HtmlPanelTabbedPane)event.getComponent();
                                System.out.println("In the
TabbedPaneListener "+yourTabbedPane.toString());
                }

}

But I am getting some error like

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/el/ELException
        at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tabbedpane.TabChangeListenerTag.doStartTag(TabChangeListenerTag.java:82)
        at
org.apache.jsp._CompiledListView._jspService(_CompiledListView.java:257)
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:89)

I can't understand what is happening..

Can anyone suggest me how to handle this tab activation problem.

Thanks & regards,
Ajoy Acharyya
eBusiness Application Development and Web Services
IBM Global Services India | Time Zone: Indian Standard (GMT +5.5h)
Millennium City, Block-DN.Plot No. 62 ,Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata 91,
Work: 91 33 23675700 Extn. 2541
Mobile: +91-9830689359
sametime: ajoy.acharyya@in.ibm.com