Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 15:30:30 UTC

How to exclude perticular class from dependent jar.

Hi,

I want to exclude a class org.apache.cxf.js.rhino.DOMMessageProvider from
cxf-2.1.2.jar.

cxf-2.1.2.jar is my one of the depenendency in POM.

<dependencies>
 . .
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
    <artifactId>cxf</artifactId>
    <version>2.1.2</version>
</dependency>
 . . .
</dependencies>

Thanks,
Nitin B

Re: How to exclude perticular class from dependent jar.

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help.
Now its able to download the plugin.

Is there any special format for specifying file which I want to be removed ?

My directory structure is :

ear
   -src
   -target
        -MyEar.ear
               -MyWar.war
   -pom.xml       : Here creating a MyEar.ear first & then trying to remove
file using truezip-maven-plugin.

I have tried the following code but it did not work :

<fileset>
      <directory>
<!-- I tried following one by one -->

MyEar.ear/MyWar.war/WEB-INF/lib/cxf-2.1.2.jar/org/apache/cxf/js/rhino
: not worked

target/MyEar.ear/MyWar.war/WEB-INF/lib/cxf-2.1.2.jar/org/apache/cxf/js/rhino
: not worked

      </directory>
       <includes>
	<include>
	       **/DOMMessageProvider.class
	</include>
       </includes>
</fileset>

Error is :

 Deleting file-set:
MyEar-0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear/MyWar-0.1-SNAPSHOT.war/WEB-INF/lib/cxf-2.1.2.jar/org/apache/cxf/js/rhino
(included: [**/DOMMessageProvider.class], excluded: [])
] BUILD ERROR
 FileSet's directory:
MyEar-0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear\MyWar-0.1-SNAPSHOT.war\WEB-INF\lib\cxf-2.1.2.jar\org\apache\cxf\js\rhino
not found.

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.

I have tried  :

${project.build.directory}/MyEar.ear/MyWar.war/WEB-INF/lib/cxf-2.1.2.jar/org/apache/cxf/js/rhino

It worked out.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
does it work out for you?

-D

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
directory should be

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> There is no such truezip-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.pom file, insted
> there are following files.
> truezip-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-1-20080907.232456-1.pom
> truezip-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-1-20080908.053703-2.pom

You need to specify <snapshots>true</snapshots> in the pluginRepo declaration.

Wayne

Re: How to exclude perticular class from dependent jar.

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
HI,

Still getting the following error :
Downloading:
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/mojo/truezip-maven-plugin/1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT/truezip-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.codehaus.mojo
ArtifactId: truezip-maven-plugin
Version: 1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT

  org.codehaus.mojo:truezip-maven-plugin:pom:1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  truezip-maven-plugin (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)

I have checked :

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>        <name>truezip-maven-plugin</name>
>        <url>
>                http://mojo.codehaus.org/mojo-sandbox-parent/truezip-maven-plugin
>        </url>

If you simply click on the URLs you sent, you will see that they are
all invalid.

The proper URL for Codehaus Mojo Snapshot repo is:

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am trying to use a truezip-maven-plugin plugin.

snippest of pom.xml :

<pluginRepositories>
     <pluginRepository>
	<id>truezip-maven-plugin</id>
	<name>truezip-maven-plugin</name>
	<url>

http://mojo.codehaus.org/mojo-sandbox-parent/truezip-maven-plugin
	</url>
	<releases>
		<enabled>true</enabled>
	</releases>
	<snapshots>
		<enabled>false</enabled>
	</snapshots>
     </pluginRepository>
     <pluginRepository>
	<id>truezip-maven-plugin</id>
	<name>truezip-maven-plugin</name>
	<url>
		http://mojo.codehaus.org/mojo-sandbox-parent/truezip-maven-plugin
	</url>
	<releases>
		<enabled>false</enabled>
	</releases>
	<snapshots>
		<enabled>true</enabled>
	</snapshots>
       </pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>

I am getting the following error :

[INFO] snapshot org.codehaus.mojo:truezip-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from truezip-maven-plugin
Downloading:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/mojo-sandbox-parent/truezip-maven-plugin/org/codehaus/mojo/truezip-maven-plugin/1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT/truezip-maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.pom

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks All,

I was able to remove a class file from jar file.

Now, my problem is :
I am using the following structure

EService
    -Service             : Contains all the content of war file
         -src
         -config
         -pom.xml        : It creates a war file

    -ear           :Additional xml files required for deploying service on
Weblogic and .war of Service module
          -src
          -pom.xml     : contains ear plugin for creating ear file
    -pom.xml         : Parent pom.xml for Service & ear modules

I want to exclude class from dependency jar in war.
It looks like the plugin

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.n0pe.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>jaroverlay-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
</plugin>

removes the things from the archive which is installed in repository.
I dont want to install war file to repository since I am going to install
ear file (which does not contain that DOMMessageProvider.class file ).

Thanks,
Nitin

Re: How to exclude perticular class from dependent jar.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
truezip-maven-plugin can remove any thing in archive and that supports
virtual file system like ear,war.  There should be an example to
remove file in a archive within another archive
at the site

-D

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dan Tran,

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Nitin B <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.js.rhino.DOMMessageProvider
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
	Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

<Oct 17, 2008 4:27:37 PM IST> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149265> <Failure
occurred in the execution of deployment request with ID '1227564547' for
task '0'. Error is: 'weblogic.application.ModuleException:
[HTTP:101216]Servlet: "org.apache.cxf.js.rhino.DOMMessageProvider" failed to

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I want to exclude a class org.apache.cxf.js.rhino.DOMMessageProvider from
> cxf-2.1.2.jar.
>
> cxf-2.1.2.jar is my one of the depenendency in POM.

This is not trivial, unless you simply repackage your own version of
this jar with that file removed and then add it back to the Maven
repo.

But I really want to know why you would possibly do this. If this is
an actual problem/mistake in the cxf jar, I would talk to the cxf team
about removing it, or possibly moving it to a different jar eg
cxf-rhino-2.1.2.jar which you could depend on if you needed that
class.

Wayne