Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jeff Liang <je...@messagesolution.com> on 2005/12/16 09:41:11 UTC

best strategy to deal with large index file

Hi all,

my index file is huge because of large set of data.  when I do search, I
get outofmemory exception all the time.  it's also bad for backup
because I can't do incremental backup after adding new documents.

What's the best strategy to deal with large index file?  is there a
Lucene built-in method to split the index file?

thanks,

Jeff

Re: best strategy to deal with large index file

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
First of all check your memory setup of your tomcat, I think by
default it uses only 64 MB RAM.
You need to change this manually, see tomcat documentation.
Second I suggest to split the index and run multiple search servers.

How to:
http://wiki.media-style.com/display/nutchDocu/setup+multiple+search
+sever