Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2016/11/02 10:48:19 UTC

NetCDF and improvement for the future

Just a word to the wise folks in the OODT distro the NetCDF lib is a fat
jar.... and if you try and change httpclient versions, slf4j etc you'll get
weird errors where OODT is loading jars you removed via NetCDF.

The later versions used don't appear to be fat jars, so I'll update the
version in the OODT trunk later.

Tom

Re: NetCDF and improvement for the future

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Hi Tom,
Thanks foe clarifying. I was publishing these a wee whole ago and wrote up
the following page.
https://wiki.apache.org/tika/ThirdPartySonaType
Of particular interest here will be
https://wiki.apache.org/tika/ThirdPartySonaType#Some_notes_on_UCAR_Third_Party_Jars
Are these being consumed directly within OODT or via Apache Tika?

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3010)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Yep and make sure it’s the right code still. We/I published those NetCDF jars and
the older artifacts are a result of their build process. In turn, we also weren’t able
to get it to build with the –min jar.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Principal Data Scientist, Engineering Administrative Office (3010)
Manager, Open Source Projects Formulation and Development Office (8212)
Office: 180-503E, Mailstop: 180-502
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)
WWW: http://irds.usc.edu/