Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/13 00:44:13 UTC

Approval to release Synapse M1 from the Incubator

The Synapse incubator would like to make a Milestone 1 release. We proposed
this in December, with a successful vote from the WS PMC. Dims copied the
vote to the incubator pmc.

We have read the guidelines
 http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
 and understand these.
The codebase has enough functionality to support the initial milestone
criteria (plus more) and so we would like to release it as a
synapse-incubator-milestone1.

We are tracking our status towards the release here:
 http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Synapse/M1Criteria

I have been voted as the release manager.

I am not clear if the incubator pmc voted on this in December, but we would
like your approval to release.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

RE: Approval to release Synapse M1 from the Incubator

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Dims,

> I think we are good to go if we don't hear anything within 72 hours of
> when you posted this email.

Where is the vote?  I don't see 3 +1 from Incubator PMC members.  And from
what I just heard from Paul, the tarballs hadn't been prepared.  Since we
find the most errors in the packaging (missing notices, file names, etc.),
how could we vote without something to see?

	--- Noel

Re: Approval to release Synapse M1 from the Incubator

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

I think we are good to go if we don't hear anything within 72 hours of
when you posted this email.

thanks,
dims

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Paul,

Please provide the tarballs so that we can check the packaging against the
release guidelines, make sure that your STATUS file is up-to-date, and call
for a vote on general@incubator.apache.org.

	--- Noel