Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Thomas Lehnig <t_...@tu-bs.de> on 1997/02/02 16:00:01 UTC

config/147: getwd() definition in conf.h not necessary, select() System Call doesn't need int

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Mon Feb 03 11:00:01 PST 1997

>Number:         147
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       getwd() definition in conf.h not necessary, select() System Call doesn't need int
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
1. Defining getwd(d) as getcwd(d,MAX_STRING_LEN) in conf.h is not necessary
for HPUX 10.2 (I don't know about 10.x in general, since I only have access to
10.2). It is already defined in unistd.h, the compiler produces a parse error
and stopps if used. Not using this line works fine.

2. IN HPUX 10.2 the select() call doesn't use int pointers any more, the
special handling of this in http_main.c and mod_proxy.c isn't necessary.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile apache using HPUX 10.2
>Fix:
Include an additional Configuration block named HPUX10 or something like that
in the configuration.